2013, Community Health Needs Assessment~ CTBH worked with York Hospital to complete a Community Health Needs Assessment for Southern York County.
- Lower the % of overweight and obese people in the service area within 5 years;
- Implement Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (to reduce substance abuse); and,
Promote tobacco cessation services through the physician practices.
Who We Are
Choose To Be Healthy is a community health coalition formed in 1999 following the "healthy communities" model that uses on-going community input and assets to address health needs and help our populations most at risk..
The Choose To Be Healthy Coalition is made up of staff and community members who represent all sectors of the community and work in the following groups:
- Advisory Board, led by Coalition Director, Deb Erickson-Irons
- Community Health Action Team, led by Community Health Coordinator, Sue Patterson
- Substance Abuse and Youth Assets Action Team, led by Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator, Sally Manninen
- Youth Assets Initiative, led by Youth Coordinator, Amanda Carey
- Community Partners and Volunteers
- Lead Agency, York Hospital
What We Do
Choose To Be Healthy implements a strategic plan to build and support healthy environments in the communities of Berwick, Eliot, Kittery, Lebanon, North Berwick, Ogunquit, South Berwick, Wells and York, Maine.
Staff and members:
- Develop goals and objectives that support our mission and workplans;
- Implement evidence based health promotion and prevention strategies;
- Provide funders, community and coalition members regular reports on progress;
- Provide members with opportunities to learn, network, and build their capacity to plan, implement
and sustain health efforts.
- The Healthy Maine Partnership system has more info on our work across the state as well as resources and contact info and to locate other HMPs. The three HMPs in York County share a web site specific to our area at Healthy York County.
Coalition Director, Deborah Erickson-Irons
Advisory Board Chair, Anne Borden
Community Health Action Team Coordinator, Sue Patterson
Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator, Sally Manninen
Youth Coordinator, Amanda Carey